MeetUp Notes for 09.16.13
There are thousands of free themes available on the WordPress Theme Directory and that doesn’t even include premium themes and the option of creating a custom theme. With all those options in mind, choosing between all of these themes can be bewildering.
At our September 16th WordPress Beginners meeetup we discussed how to make smart choices when picking out a theme for your WordPress site.
We also examined how your theme relates to your site’s structure, purpose, and audience, and how to find a theme that offers you the right amount of custom options and features to best suit your needs.
The full presentation plus additional documentation notes are posted at:
How To Choose and Install a WordPress Theme
- What is a WordPress Theme?
- Where to Get a ‘Free’ WordPress Theme
- Finding Free Themes: Caveat Emptor!
- What You Should Know Before Choosing a Theme
- What Else Do I Need To Consider When Choosing My Theme
- Theme Documentation
- What Other Features Will Your Site Need?
- Theme Choice Tips and Tricks
- Installing a WordPress Theme
The October 21st WordPress Beginner’s Meetup will be: Best Practices for Effective Content Creation
Leave a Reply