Being Your Own Rainmaker
One of the biggest challenges for a WordPress beginner is getting traffic to their site Sandi and Nick Batik take a closer look at those tools in the WordPress ecosystem that help new WordPress users automate many of the marketing processes we need to expand our customer base. This presentation concluded with a discussion how ‘Permission Marketing (permission— engagement — call to action) can help you build your loyal tribe of followers, supporters, and clients.
The goal of this month’s WordPress Beginners Meetup is to give attendees some “Implement Tomorrow Morning”, actionable strategies for attracting traffic to your site or blog — we look forward to seeing you there.
UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STRATEGY AND TACTICS
• Strategy and tactics are both how you will achieve your ‘Rainmaker’ goals and objectives • Strategy is our path for going from where we are today to our goal • Tactics are the specifics of how we reach that goal
PURPOSEFUL CONTRACT STRATEGY
• To be a Rainmaker you must become a valuable information resource
• Preferably on your own media platforms
• With your key emphasis on providing value
THE POWER OF EXPERTISE
• People have problems and desires
• They want solutions • They want you to be the person to help them with those problems and desires, so they can stop searching and begin the process
THE POWER OF EXPERTISE
• A Rainmaker is willing to become an expert in their field
• Generously demonstrate that expertise on their platforms
And execute that expertise in an authentic way.
WHEN YOU USE YOUR MEDIA PLATFORM TO DEMONSTRATE THAT YOUR EXPERTISE …something very powerful happens
YOU BUILD A MEDIA BRAND
• A personal media brand makes you a likable expert, and that sets the stage for the “Rain” to fall
• That’s because media allows your authority to be demonstrated and earned, rather than just claimed
BEING A TRUSTED AUTHORITY BUILDS AN AUDIENCE …that Builds Your Business
Most Site Content Sucks It rarely addresses the primary questions the site visitor needs to know to take action So they click off
LET’S TALK TACTICS…the specifics of how you reach your goals
• The Internet doesn’t care about You, Your Product, or Your Company
• You attract and convert your core audience by taming and continuously feeding the content beast
• Site content needs to be entertaining, instructive, and useful enough to build your reputation as a problem solver. Oh don’t forget, you will need great headlines
YOUR CONTENT SHOULD ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
1.Who are you?
2. What do you have for me?
3. How is this going to help me?
4. Why should I care?
5. What should I do next? ( Call to action )
ATTRACT PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEM YOU CAN SOLVE AND CAN AFFORD YOUR SOLUTION
• Paid Ads – Cost Money
• Organic – Hard Work
• Referrals – Requires a good reputation When you’re writing your content you need to think about who you need to attract, what people need from you, what’s going to move them forward.
Here’s a simple outline for establishing expertise
• Pick a topic that you’re knowledgeable about, but keep the focus narrow.
• Write a series — Break down your topic into a series of articles that are published weekly. Be strategic by incorporating content elements known to attract your audience — surveys, stats, lists, and downloadable assets.
• Bundle the series Once your posts have been published, bundle all of these articles into a downloadable PDF, and create a cornerstone content page for the PDF bundle.
• Promote the series Share the series on social media sites, link to it in your blog posts and guest posts you write on other sites, and notify your email list subscribers
SALES FUNNELS ARE EFFECTIVE BUSINESS BUILDING TOOLS
Ask yourself the right questions and work back from your end goal
• What is a sales funnel going to do for your business?
• Long-term – medium – immediate
• What are you going to implement that will get you to what you want
• Are you measuring the right thing? What you measure you can manage.
QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO START WITH:
• Answer the what’s in it for me? How can your information funnel help your prospects?
• What are the pain-points they are looking to solve? The things that keep them up at night?
• It doesn’t have to be a complete solution, just something that gets them to the next step
• What’s next?
WHAT IS PERMISSION MARKETING?
• Call to Action Build your loyal tribe of followers, supporters, and clients
BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP
•Educate and Entertain
•Build a sense of community
• Quality FREE content helps visitors anticipate value to come •
You online tribe builds a sense of early progress – quick wins
Marketing automation is the process of engaging and nurturing leads over a period of time until they are ready to make a purchase.
People buy in their minds before they buy with their credit card
THE MYTH: Market Automation is too complicated and too intense for small business
THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS OF THE MARKETING FUNNEL
STEPS TO THE PROCESS
1. Social network followers
2. Search engine visitors
3. General content audience
4. Specific email audience
5. Customers and clients
6. Repeat customers and clients Awareness Interest Decision Action
THE 3-PAGE PROCESS
THE FUNNEL CYCLE
IDEAS FOR FUNNELS
• Basic Lead Generation Funnel
• Webinar Lead Funnel
• Free Membership Funnel
• Launch Funnel
• Dynamic Evergreen Offer Sequence Funnel
Deciding what to do under each condition
ONCE THEY ARE IN YOUR CYCLE… Turning Customers into Repeat Customers
LET’S GO MAKE SOME RAIN — Resources for self-starters
BECOMING AN EXPERT AND MAKING MONEY
• Experts are paid for their expertise
• Connect with clients who need your help on Clarity
TRAFFIC DRIVING RESOURCES
• The Marketer’s Guide to YouTube (Shameless Self Promotion But you can learn some good tips and tricks)
• SEO White Hat Tips and Tricks (You can always learn something new from MOZ)
I hope these class notes help. I have included a link to the class slide deck below.
I’m sorry if the transfer from Keynote to PowerPoint format sometimes does odd things to the headers and some images.
Nick and I urge you to join and perhaps contribute to the Austin WordPress Tribe by volunteering to take notes for our wpauston.com website, present at WPATX meetups or helping with our annual WordCamp. You can always find the current class schedule at https://www.meetup.com/austinwordpress/ We look forward to seeing you at an Austin WordPress Meetup soon.
Follow me @sandi_batik / @WPATX / Contact me at: handsonwp.com / LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/hsandrachevalierbatik