Austin WordPress Meetup Notes — Implementing WordPress Website Design Best Practices
Rich Plakas lead a lively presentation that covered what those new to WordPress need to know about Best Practices for Website Design and How to Implement them in WordPress.
This presentation guided attendees through the types of questions and thought processes you need to keep in mind when developing a site for yourself or others.
- Who is the target audience?
- What is the primary goal of your website?
- How do you plan to drive traffic to your website?
- Is your website mobile responsive?
- Using Analytics to gain insight to visitors.
- Are Mailing Lists useful?
Rich reviewed some websites to help attendees to know what to look for in a best practices-designed site. Additionally, he reviewed some of the attendees’ sites and made suggestions for improvement.
You can find the slides from last night’s presentation at: